Zara and Mike Tindall say they will NOT self-isolate despite going on trip to coronavirus hot-spot

Zara and Mike Tindall say they will NOT self-isolate despite going on skiing trip to coronavirus hot-spot of northern Italy just last week

The pair had been holidaying in Bormio, Lombardy, one of the worst hit regionsFormer England rugby star Mr Tindall shared snaps of their getaway onlineCouple don’t have any symptoms of the virus and decided not to self-isolate 

Zara Phillips and her husband will not self-isolate despite returning from virus-hit northern Italy last week.

The Queen’s granddaughter and partner Mike Tindall have reportedly opted not to quarantine themselves because they are not showing symptoms.

They have returned from a ski trip in Bormio, Lombardy – one of Italy’s worst-hit regions.

Mr Tindall – a former England rugby player – shared several photos of their trip last week.

Mike Tindall posted the above picture of him and Zara to Instagram after the couple enjoyed their holiday

He captioned the post: ‘Great trip to #bormio3000 watching the #englishskichampionships. Lots of laughs and good times!’

A spokesman for the couple said they were following official government advice and health guidelines, but as they do not currently have any symptoms they will not be going into self-isolation.

Their decision to not self-quarantine comes as the school fellow royals Prince George and Prince Charlotte attend has sent four pupils home and into self isolation.

Children at the school in southwest London had recently been on a trip to northern Italy.

Princess Charlotte and Prince George are pictured being collected from school by their parents the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Princess Charlotte and Prince George are pictured being collected from school by their parents the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

A general view showing Thomas's Battersea school in London where Prince George and Princess Charlotte attend

A general view showing Thomas’s Battersea school in London where Prince George and Princess Charlotte attend

Two children returned from the trip after displaying flu-like symptoms and there is no suggestion that the royal children have been exposed to the virus.

The school’s website says that it runs a trip to Italy every two years. 

This evening, Spanish newspaper El Confidencial published a statement from the school.

‘Like all schools, we are taking very seriously the potential risks related to the spread of Covid-19 and to this end we are following the Government’s instructions to the letter on infection prevention and case management in which it is suspected that some staff member or students exposed to the virus or showing any symptoms. 

‘We currently have a very small number of students who have been evaluated and these individuals currently remain in their homes waiting to receive the results of their exams’.

It comes as at least 13 schools across the UK closed their doors over fears of the virus spreading.

A number of schools have told staff and pupils to stay at home after returning from ski trips to northern Italy, where several towns in the Lombardy and Veneto regions remain on lockdown. 

Sports fixtures have also come under threat with Ireland’s rugby match against Italy on Saturday being postponed today amid fears Italian fans could bring the virus to Dublin – but England’s Six Nations fixture in Rome on March 14 is still going ahead. 

England’s FA is holding urgent talks today about whether it is safe to host Italy’s football team for a Wembley friendly on March 27.

This is while several businesses today also sent staff home over fears that employees could be carrying the virus. 

Source link