British Gas owner Centrica reports 31% fall in underlying earnings

British Gas owner Centrica suffers 31% fall in underlying earnings to £447m for 2020 – as bosses blame pandemic and warmer weather for plunge By Mark Duell for MailOnline Published: 07:20 GMT, 25 February 2021 | Updated: 07:27 GMT, 25 February 2021 British Gas owner Centrica has reported a 31 per cent fall in underlying … Read more

More than 90% of Americans who died of COVID-19 had underlying conditions

Nearly all Americans who have died of COVID-19 suffered at least one other underlying disease, CDC reveals More than 180,000 Americans have died of coronavirus as of Monday  The CDC’s latest fatality data shows that COVID-19 was listed as the sole cause of death for just 6% of those killed by the virus  94% of … Read more

Having an underlying health condition raises the risk of dying of coronavirus by 12-FOLD

Revealed: Having an underlying health condition raises the risk of dying of coronavirus by 12-FOLD, new CDC data shows Researchers found that the most chronic health issues in coronavirus patients were cardiovascular disease, diabetes and lung disease Hospitalizations were six times higher, with 45.4% of those with underlying conditions hospitalized compared to 7.6% who didn’t have … Read more

George Floyd’s autopsy claims he died of underlying heart conditions and not strangulation

The preliminary result of the autopsy of George Floyd revealed on Friday it did not find evidence his death was caused by strangulation or asphyxiation. It instead concluded Floyd, 46, died from a combination of heart disease and ‘potential intoxicants in his system’ that were exacerbated by the restraint placed on him by police officers. … Read more

Coronavirus UK: Heart disease most common underlying condition

Obesity raises the risk of dying from coronavirus by nearly 40 per cent, according to a major study of data collected from NHS hospitals. The research, based on 17,000 COVID-19 admissions, revealed that overall a third of Britons hospitalised with the life-threatening virus die.  Death rates were 37 per cent higher among obese patients, second … Read more

Boy, 11, with no underlying health issues is among latest 870

Boy, 11, with no underlying health issues is among latest 870 to die from coronavirus in England and Scotland as UK death toll nears 9,000 By Jack Elsom For Mailonline Published: 14:23 BST, 11 April 2020 | Updated: 14:23 BST, 11 April 2020 An 11-year-old boy with no underlying health issues is among a further … Read more

One underlying health condition raises risk of intensive care or death with coronavirus by 80%

Having an underlying health condition raises the risk of being admitted to ICU or dying by almost 80 per cent, a study has found. The odds are even higher for those with two conditions, according to research of almost 1,600 hospital patients in China.  Overall, 20 per cent of patients with any health condition ended … Read more

Pictured: Portuguese schoolboy, 14, who had no underlying health conditions

Pictured: Portuguese schoolboy, 14, who had no underlying health conditions but became ‘youngest’ person to die of coronavirus in Europe Teenager suffered from psoriasis, but no major underlying health conditions He lived in Ovar, south of Porto, with his family, and died in early hours of today Comes after healthy 16-year-old girl Julie Alliot died … Read more

Mother, 65, with no underlying health problems dies from coronavirus

A mother with no underlying health conditions has died from coronavirus after attending a funeral where 17 mourners suspect they caught the disease.  Sheila Brooks, 86, from Halesowen, in the West Midlands, passed away last month and nearly all her extended family attended the service two weeks ago. But within days her niece Susan Nelson, … Read more

13 of 260 who died in UK yesterday from coronavirus had no underlying health conditions

Britain’s coronavirus death toll rocketed by 260 to 1,019 today as the UK suffered its worst day yet and saw a huge spike in victims, 13 of which were found to have no underlying health conditions.  Across the country a total of 120,776 coronavirus tests have taken place, and a whopping 17,089 have come back … Read more