DIY SOS star Nick Knowles was sporting a fuller physique on Wednesday when he headed to Exeter Cathedral to film a home makeover show.
The 58-year-old showcased a more laid back lockdown look with longer locks and a headband as he got to work as the UK’s lockdown began to ease.
He cut a casual figure for the day, wrapping up in a dark jacket which he wore over a black shirt and navy top.
Lockdown life: Nick Knowles debuted a fuller physique and longer hair as he headed to Exeter Cathedral to film on Wednesday
Dapper: Nick has been a familiar face on the small screen for three decades and is known for his suave style (pictured right in 2018)
The DIY SOS host also wore dark grey jeans while he kept his hair back with a headband.
Nick could be seen chatting with members of the crew in between takes and completed his look for the day with brown shoes.
The former I’m A Celebrity star took to Twitter after filming and said he had been helping to ‘conserve’ the cathedral.
He wrote: ‘Great day with the wonderful team conserving @ExeterCathedral with some really exciting finds uncovered – honoured to be there’.
MailOnline has contacted a representative for Nick Knowles for comment.
It comes after Nick insisted he has ‘absolutely no intention’ of leaving BBC flagship DIY SOS after joining rival broadcaster Channel 5 to present two new shows.
Laid back: The TV presenter, 58, cut a casual figure for the day, wrapping up in a dark jacket which he wore over a black shirt and navy top
The show’s long-term future appeared to be in doubt after Nick revealed he would be taking part in upcoming programmes Your Life On Your Lawn and Home Improvements.
But the presenter – who is not exclusively contracted to the BBC – has since confirmed he will definitely return, as and when a new series is commissioned.
He told MailOnline: ‘DIY SOS is the most important thing I do and it’s always meant more to me than just a show. To see people coming together representing the best of communities is more important now than ever.
‘Really exciting finds’: The former I’m A Celebrity star took to Twitter after filming and said he had been helping to ‘conserve’ the cathedral
‘I have absolutely no intention of leaving DIY SOS – it’s not just a job for me, we are a family and it has my heart.’
The BBC has since confirmed there are no plans to scrap DIY SOS, while insisting Knowles is not obliged to commit himself exclusively to BBC content.
A BBC spokesperson told MailOnline: ‘There is no question that DIY SOS will return to BBC One, and filming will resume as soon as we can ensure the safety of our contributors and volunteers on builds at this time.
‘Nick is not exclusive to the BBC and like many presenters, he is working across a range of services.’
Lockdown locks: The DIY SOS host also wore dark grey jeans while he kept his hair back with a headband
Nick will present Channel 5’s Your Life On Your Lawn, which will see the star help families to declutter, while he will also host Home Improvements, where he will maximise a property’s potential.
The TV star revealed to The Sun that he is ‘excited’ to be working with Channel 5 and that it was a ‘no-brainer’ to join.
The DIY SOS team is known for helping deserving families with a recent moving episode building a disabled mother-of-two a ‘fully-accessible house’ in an incredible home makeover.
The show first aired in 1999, changing its name to DIY SOS: The Big Build in 2010, and it has been a staple programme on BBC One since.
Filming: Nick could be seen chatting with members of the crew in between takes and completed his look for the day with brown shoes
In the past, Prince William and Harry have taken part in several episodes, with Nick previously revealing that the Duke of Cambridge writes personal letters to families helped by the show.
The latest series of DIY SOS: The Big Build has left viewers in tears as the team have helped a collection of deserving families transform their homes.
Just last month, Nick said that the latest episode of the BBC series would be the ‘last one for a little’.
Not happening: Nick has insisted he has ‘absolutely no intention’ of leaving BBC hit DIY SOS after joining rival broadcaster Channel 5 to present two new shows
He tweeted on 22 February: ‘Brand new @DIYSOS tonight BBC1 9pm – last one for a little while so top up on your community positivity and hopefully we’ll all be out of lockdown soon.’
Nick added in a video message shared with his 158K followers: ‘Tune in if you can, it’s the last one for a little while. There’s a break again until they show any more.
‘Please tune in if you can and support the show. I think you’ll find it uplifting.’
Uncertain: The hugely popular show’s future appeared to be in doubt after Nick revealed he would be taking part in upcoming programmes Your Life On Your Lawn and Home Improvements (Nick pictured with the DIY SOS team in 2008)