Former Formula One champion Jenson Button reveals a recent car crash caused £24,600 damage to his vehicle – as he blasts drivers on phones for the state of UK roads
British racing legend Jenson Button revealed he was recently involved in a crash Burton, 40, also said there had been a ‘massive step back’ in driving in the UK
He warned drivers against the dangers of using their phones while at the wheel
Jenson Button revealed how he was recently involved in a crash that caused almost £25,000 damage to his car – and is now calling for stricter punishments for using phones while driving.
Button, who is originally from Somerset but now lives in Los Angeles, said anyone involved in an incident while on their phone should be hit with big fines and lose their licence.
The British racing legend added that he was involved in a crash that badly damaged his car when he was driving in LA’s busy 405 Freeway on December 23 last year.
Speaking to Joe, he said: ‘A car was driving along next to me and I get a wallop in my side.
‘Someone [had come] onto the freeway in a supercar, floored it, lost control of the rear, hit this Audi next to me which pushed it into my car.
Jenson Button, who is originally from Somerset but now lives in Los Angeles, said anyone involved in an incident while on their phones should be hit with big fines and lose their licence
‘It damaged the whole side of my car, [causing] $32,000 (£24,600) of damage. It was just before Christmas, why are you racing on the roads?’
He said the crash was not his fault – and the police told him as much.